Local Garage Remodel Services
If you and your family need additional living space , converting your garage is the most reliable and cost-effective way to add usable space to your home. Converting your garage can be done without exposing any visible signs of renovations to the construction of the house.
Since the laws for garage conversions have recently changed, homeowners now have more opportunities to create affordable housing by transforming garages into living space for visitors, family, workplace, and rental income. Recently, a new law was passed in California that makes it easier for homeowners to obtain permits and construct secondary housing units on their properties. Senate Bill No. 1069 is the name of the new statute. There are many financial advantages to garage conversions, and we enjoy demonstrating how much value homeowners can derive from turning their old garage into living space.
INCREASE YOUR HOME VALUE & INCOME
Professional Garage Conversions
Now that you have the ability to convert your garage into a bedroom, office, or man cave, you will need the services of an experienced garage conversion and renovation contractor. Our team consists of professionals who understand how to remodel and renovate garages. Many people in California are converting their garages to rooms in order to rent them out, increase their current square footage, or use them as guest rooms.
Benefits of Garage Remodeling
Here are some of the benefits of transforming a garage parking space over building a brand new structure.
- It is the most cost-effective way to expand your living room.
- Converting a garage into living space is one of the easiest ways to increase living space.
- There is already a base, walls, and roof in place.
- Adds square footage to your home.
- Best use of space.
Garage Transformation Ideas
There are a variety of garage conversion ideas that can help you learn more and express your imagination. However, four of them are the first-choice candidates:
- A guesthouse. Turning a garage into a guest house is one of the most common budget-friendly house extension ideas among most families. Using the benefits of the garage’s open-plan area, wide garage doors, and solid foundation, you can create a very pleasant and fully functional new guest suite.
- A playroom for kids. Such an idea will be greatly appreciated by families with many children! It would be incredibly useful to have a separate area where children could play and have fun without disrupting the rest of the household. Such a room can be found in the garage.
- Work from home. With the growing popularity of home-based businesses, setting up a home office is another great idea for a garage makeover. The garage could be used as a spacious work area, with plenty of storage and even room for a small meeting/conference room.
- A fitness center. It is not only easy, but it also saves money and time to have your own room for exercise and working out. You can use your private gym anytime you want, in the comfort of your own home, without having to worry about schedules, expenses, crowds, or hygiene. As a result, converting the Garage into additional gym space is a good idea.
Before converting your garage, there are a few things you need to think about.
There are a number of important factors to consider before converting your garage into a home.
Any of these items, aside from the cost of a garage conversions, are:
- Permit fees.
- Heating/Air Conditioning
Los Angeles Garage Conversions and ADU
California’s Permit Requirements
There are requirements unique to California that must be met in order to obtain the conversion permit. For example, your garage must be within 12 miles of public transportation, be no more than 1,200 square feet, and be a part of your primary residence. These are some of the requirements for obtaining a permit for your garage. Please contact our team of garage conversion and renovation contractors in Los Angeles, so that we can come out and inspect your garage to ensure that it is eligible for a permit.
EXPERTS IN GARAGE CONVERSION AND GUEST HOUSES!
Call the remodeling contractors in Los Angeles at Alpha One Construction Inc. today. We’ll go through the costs of remodeling your garage, as well as provide garage conversion ideas which could be used for a spare bedroom, game room, yoga studio, home office, or rental space. Our designers will collaborate with you to create the room of your dreams. We are excited to collaborate with you!
For a garage conversion cost estimate, please contact us.